Bringing home a new baby is an exciting but potentially intimidating time for parents. With CVPromise Partners - Family Health Centers of San Diego and Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista – CVPromise Newborn Home Visits provides a personalized nurse visit to all new parents to help with many of those first parent questions or concerns. During the home visit, the nurse will:
- Provide a routine physical exam and well child visit
- Talk with you about baby health check
- Answer questions about baby and self care
- Discuss and answer questions about feeding (bottle or breast), safe sleeping arrangements, umbilical cord healing, baby sensory needs and/or maternal depression
- If breastfeeding, provide further information and techniques to increase breastfeeding success
- Information about baby developmental growth, safety and nutrition
- Connect to additional resources or referrals where needed.